Mold Symptoms You Must Know

Non-Toxic and Toxic Mold Symptoms

It’s important that you know and understand the different mold symptoms, as many researchers and doctors believe mold is the main culprit for the increase in allergy, asthma and sinus cases. A good chunk of mold varieties are nothing more than irritants that float through the air unseen; irritants people breathe in every day.

However, it’s the mold that grows inside the home that should be cause for alarm, as they’re the ones that cause the symptoms everybody is experiencing. In fact, mold symptoms generally resemble allergy, cold or flu-like symptoms but don’t ever seem to go away.

How To Know If You’re Suffering With Non-Toxic Mold Symptoms

The common mold varieties that you find growing in moist areas of a home tend to cause symptoms that resemble allergies or colds. While the mold symptoms are bothersome, they’re not toxic and can be dealt with fairly easily. Homes that get little air circulation are ideal breeding grounds for molds causing mold symptoms.

If certain areas of your home are causing the irritations to both your eyes and throat and the nasal passageways are starting to swell, you probably have mold in your home. Of course, the most effective treatment for mold symptoms is to get rid of the mold entirely.

Mold comes about in moist humid areas or areas where there are leaky pipes or because of improper ventilation. You can either install an exhaust fan or dehumidifier in the areas not well-ventilated or repair all leaky pipes.  Once you’ve done these things, clean up the mold to kill it.

How To Know If You Have Toxic Mold Symptoms

If your home has toxic mold, you better believe those mold symptoms you are experiencing are only going to get worse. Besides the symptoms you experience with the non-toxic mold variety, you will also experience the symptoms of the toxic type:

These symptoms include but are not limited to:

  • Coughing up blood
  • Diarrhea
  • Dizziness
  • Fever
  • Loss of hearing
  • Loss of memory
  • Rash
  • Shortness of breath

Of course, what you experience will depend on what your immune system is like.

The biggest issue with toxic mold symptoms is that they resemble too many other illnesses, which means, unless you know you’ve got mold growing in your home, you and your doctor may not realize the problem for quite some time. Toxic mold needs to be taken seriously. If you notice your home has it, call in a professional. Never try to clean it up or kill it yourself.

How To Prevent Mold Symptoms From Getting A Hold Of You

How can you keep yourself from suffering with symptoms of mold? The best thing you can do for yourself – and your family – is to identify problems right away. If you’re purchasing a new home, have an inspector go over it with a fine tooth comb to point out areas of concern like the plumbing, roof, appliances, etc.

If you’re purchasing an existing home, have the inspector go over it carefully, looking for leaks including in the attic and along walls where plumbing is located. This includes the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry room. If you don’t take precautions now, you will end up suffering mold symptoms that will impede your health.


Next Page »